Axiom Porcine Genotyping Array is available in 96-array format and includes 658,692 markers discovered using whole-genome sequence data from 210 animals covering a broad range of commercial and non-commercial pig breeds that were selected for their relevance to world-wide breeding programs. This high-density array offers the power and resolution for a wide range of applications in pig breeding and genomics that include studying marker-trait association, evaluating pure lines, identifying multi-line reference populations, as well as research applications for genome-wide analysis and selective sweep analysis studies.
Applications of Affymetrix Axiom Porcine Array:
- 658,692 markers on the array
- Equal spacing on chromosomes
- Bias towards common variants
- 56,000 of the most informative markers from an existing in-market
- 60,000 marker array, allowing compatibility with previous studies