Igenity® Angus Gold consists of 15 maternal, performance and carcass traits plus parentage. This is a powerful, complete profile for 75%+ Angus heifers, delivering a wealth of data that correspond to Angus Association EPDs.
- Igenity Angus Gold reports score individual traits from 1-10
- Simple report formats rank heifers using a strongly maternal Igenity Angus Production Index
- New Igenity Beef Dashboard gives producers the best genomics selection tool available
- Producers can go online and create custom indexes that fit their production system
Igenity Angus Gold helps producers raise elite heifers with improved maternal performance while producing high-end Angus feeder calves.
Igenity Angus Gold Profile for Heifers (75% + Angus)
15 traits for a powerful profile of elite Angus commercial replacement heifers
- Maternal: Birth Weight, Calving Ease Direct, Calving Ease Maternal, Heifer Pregnancy, Docility, Milk, Mature Weight
- Performance: Average Daily Gain, Residual Average Daily Gain, Weaning Weight
- Carcass: Tenderness, Marbling, Ribeye Area, Fat Thickness, Carcass Weight
- Parentage: SeekSire parentage, a unique combination of Bos taurus, Bos indicus, USDA and ISAG parentage markers
Submitting bull DNA. Parentage can be quite valuable to determine which sires are performing in the field. When ordering parentage, supply sire DNA samples prior to or with an Igenity heifer profiling order. Once a bull's DNA is in the Neogen® informatics system, this step does not need to be repeated.