Igenity® Gold consists of 13 maternal, performance and carcass traits plus parentage. It is commonly used by producers selecting heifers intended for production of more replacement heifers, high-quality calves and testing bulls without EPDs.
- A wealth of beef genomic data, plus a strongly maternal Igenity Production Index
- Elite genomic selection criteria for replacement heifers, which brand the legacy of a herd
- Valuable quality predictions for premium-calf markets, retained ownership and value-added programs
Igenity Gold was developed and validated for cattle with straight or mixed backgrounds in Black Angus, Red Angus, Simmental, Limousin, Gelbvieh and Hereford.
Igenity Gold Profile for Crossbred and straight-bred heifers
13 traits ideal for heifer selection for maternal line improvement
- Maternal: Birth Weight, Calving Ease Direct, Calving Ease Maternal, Stayability, Heifer Pregnancy, Docility, Milk
- Performance: Residual Feed Intake, Average Daily Gain
- Carcass: Tenderness, Marbling, Ribeye Area, Fat Thickness
- Parentage: SeekSire parentage, a unique combination of Bos taurus, Bos indicus, USDA and ISAG parentage markers
Submitting bull DNA. Parentage can be quite valuable to determine which sires are performing in the field. When ordering parentage, supply sire DNA samples prior to or with an Igenity heifer profiling order. Once a bull's DNA is in the Neogen® informatics system, this step does not need to be repeated.