Igenity® Silver is a profile of six maternal, performance and carcass traits plus parentage. It is ideal for crossbred/multiple breed heifers that will produce feeder calves.
- Igenity Silver reports offer a strongly maternal Igenity Production Index to rank heifers
- Confidently pick out good mother cows with thrifty production
- Raise more cows that breed back consistently – a major bottom-line benefit
- Some premium feeder-calf programs use Igenity data on heifers to qualify their steer mates
Igenity Silver was developed and validated for cattle with straight or mixed backgrounds in Black Angus, Red Angus, Simmental, Limousin, Gelbvieh and Hereford.
Igenity Silver Profile for Cross-bred and straight-bred heifers
Six traits ideal for heifers that will produce feeder calves:
- Maternal: Calving Ease Maternal, Stayability
- Performance: Residual Feed Intake, Average Daily Gain
- Carcass: Tenderness, Marbling
- Parentage: SeekSire parentage, a unique combination of Bos taurus, Bos indicus, USDA and ISAG parentage markers
Submitting bull DNA. Parentage can be quite valuable to determine which sires are performing in the field. When ordering parentage, supply sire DNA samples prior to or with an Igenity heifer profiling order. Once a bull's DNA is in the GeneSeek® informatics system, this step does not need to be repeated.