How to sample DNA
The process of gaining knowledge from beef genomics begins with a DNA sample. DNA can be collected at any time in the life of the animal, and the sooner you sample, the earlier you can make use of the information revealed in the DNA. The following types of samples are indicated for tests offered and types of animals involved.
Parentage and Genetic health
|Hair follicles card||•||•||•||•|
|Blood drop card||•||•||•||•||•|
|Tissue Sample Unit
|Whole Blood -
EDTA blood tube
|Baby Calves||Steer calves, heifers, cows||Bulls|
|Hair follicles card||•||•|
|Blood drop card||•||•||•|
|Tissue Sample Unit
|EDTA blood tube||•||•|
Instruction Tech Sheet
We have created a Getting Started tech sheet that takes you step by step through common DNA sampling methods.
How to order
Breed association partners
GGP products are sold through breed associations. Neogen® is a proud partner with the members, officers and staff of the following breed associations.
- American Akaushi Association
- American Angus Association / Angus Genetics Inc.
- American Chianina Association
- American Gelbvieh Association
- American Hereford Association
- American-International Charolais Association
- American Maine Anjou Association
- American Salers Association
- American Simmental Association
- American Wagyu Association
- Beefmaster Breeders United
- International Brangus Breeders Association
- North American Limousin Foundation
- Red Angus Association of America
- Santa Gertrudis Breeders International Association
Our partners use Neogen DNA testing services to test parentage, verify genetic health and profile cattle for genomic-enhanced expected progeny difference calculations (GE-EPDs).
Bull Sale Promo Kit
When you Go GGP, your DNA test selection says a lot about your commitment to quality in your breedstock operation.
It says that your customers can rely on you to deliver highly accurate GE-EPDs for breedstock whose merit is verified by the most advanced profilers on the market.
To help you promote your investment in quality, we provide GGP logos and rancher educational support for your use in marketing and sales materials, including:
We appreciate your interest in our products and services.
GGP Logo Usage Specifications
- Downloading logo file will include JPG and EPS formats (commercial printers often use EPS files).
- Normal print production of 300 dpi is suggested. Use logo no smaller than ¼-inch tall.
- The green colour in our logo is PMS 342 C. Otherwise, print in black and white only.
- Use GGP logos only for animals that have been genotyped with GGP products.
- Use the GGP logo or the product logo that corresponds to the test used for a particular animal.
Infographics about genomics
Downloaded infographic files will include JPG format only.