Efficient, affordable genotyping for selection of breedstock replacement heifers
The new GeneSeek® Genomic Profiler™ Ultra Low-Density (GGP uLD) brings a new beef genomics option to help producers select, retain and market breedstock replacement heifers. Never before has such power been so affordable. As breed associations add the GGP uLD to their cattle DNA testing portfolio, breedstock producers will gain the opportunity to:
- Choose replacement heifers. Use genomics selection to pick their best.
- Raise the best cows. Maternal nucleus cows are the source of superior bulls.
- Make faster progress. Shorten the generation interval in herd improvement.
- Market quality heifers. Sell young heifers with GE-EPDs that help commercial cattle producers attain their goals.
- Verify parentage. Confirm parentage of heifers for registration and marketing. GGP products feature USDA and ISAG standard parentage markers.
- Whole-herd program. Use affordable DNA profiling for heifers in concert with the GGP LD for sale bulls and GGP HD150K for profiling of herd sires.