Igenity® Gold consists of 13 maternal, performance, carcass traits and parentage markers. It's commonly used by producers selecting heifers intended for the production of more replacement heifers, high-quality calves and testing bulls without EPDs. Benefits include:
- A wealth of beef genomic data, plus a strongly maternal Igenity Production Index
- Elite genomic selection criteria for replacement heifers, which brand the legacy of a herd
- Valuable quality predictions for premium-calf markets, retained ownership and value-added programs
Igenity Gold was developed and validated for cattle with straight or mixed backgrounds in Black Angus, Red Angus, Simmental, Limousin, Gelbvieh and Hereford.
Igenity Gold Profile for Crossbred and straightbred Heifers
- Maternal: Birth Weight, Calving Ease Direct, Calving Ease Maternal, Stayability, Heifer Pregnancy, Docility, Milk
- Performance: Residual Feed Intake, Average Daily Gain
- Carcass: Tenderness, Marbling, Ribeye Area, Fat Thickness
- Parentage: USDA standard parentage markers
Submitting bull DNA. Parentage can be quite valuable to determine which sires are performing in the field. When ordering parentage, supply sire DNA samples prior to or with an Igenity heifer profiling order. Once a bull's DNA is in the Neogen® informatics system, this step does not need to be repeated.