The GGP Trop Beef is a new low density genotyping product designed for Australian tropically adapted cattle, including Brahman, Droughtmaster, Santa Gertrudis and Tropical Composites. It combines the next generation of bovine genotyping technologies in the new GGP Indicus chip with the local knowledge and expertise of the GAA team, as well as respected Australian researchers and producers, to provide a powerful selection tool for the Australian market.
The GGP Trop Beef is powered by the custom GGP Indicus platform delivering 35,090 SNPs optimally selected for indicus and tropical composite breeds. The GGP Indicus platform delivers both Bos indicus specific SNPs for parentage testing as well as causative assays for genetic diseases (e.g. Pompes) and production traits (e.g. poll).
The highly optimized GGP Trop Beef panel features:
- Indicus specific parentage markers
- Average SNP spacing of 77kb across all autosomal chromosomes
- 19K multi- indicus breed specific backbone SNP targets, highly informative according to weighted MAF
- 3K highly informative SNPs for Brahman
- 3K highly informative SNPs for Droughtmaster, Santa Gertrudis and Tropical Composite
- Imputation accuracy (to the Illumina Bovine HD) averages greater than 97% for all evaluated breeds