The New GGP Bovine 50K—Effective, affordable profiling to select, manage and market sale bulls
The GGP 50K is a new generation genomic profiler. Over 10 years of genomics research is distilled in the new GGP 50K. Detects gene markers that have the greatest influence on economically important traits and the most impact on key traits that cattle inherit from their parents. Designed for Bos taurus and Bos indicus-influenced cattle.
- Modern predictions. The GGP 50K enters the market just as breed associations are adopting "single-step" genomic predictions, which benefit from the added genetic information.
- Smart design. Unique measurement of density, spacing and information content from single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) along key regions of all 30 cattle chromosomes.
- Valued add-ons. Contains over 100 "causative" markers for a variety of economically relevant genetic conditions.
- Global parentage traits. Uses all USDA and globally recognized ISAG parentage markers for Bos taurus and Bos indicus cattle.
GGP 50K is an ideal tool to test an entire bull calf crop, with high-accuracy performance at an affordable price. It replaces the GGP LD as the workhorse of the GGP portfolio. Seedstock producers will take advantage of the following benefits of high-accuracy GE EPDs in their operation:
- Selection. Identify the best bull calves for herd sire development.
- Marketing. Deliver highly accurate GE-EPDs to pinpoint yearling bulls' strengths for sale day.
- Reputation. Verify quality for repeat buyers, new customers, distant buyers and internet auction viewers.