Igenity® Angus Gold consists of 15 maternal, performance and carcass traits plus parentage. This is a powerful, complete profile for 75%+ Angus heifers, delivering a wealth of data that corresponds to Angus Association EPDs.
- Igenity Angus Gold reports individual traits from 1-10
- Simple report formats rank heifers using a strongly maternal Igenity Angus Production Index
- Igenity Beef Dashboard gives producers selection tools that allow them to customize selection indexes that best fit their production and marketing goals
- Igenity Angus Gold helps producers raise elite heifers with improved maternal performance while producing high-end Angus feeder calves
Igenity Angus Gold Profile for Heifers (75% + Angus)
15 traits for a powerful profile of Angus commercial replacement heifers
- Maternal: Birth Weight, Calving Ease Direct, Calving Ease Maternal, Heifer Pregnancy, Docility, Milk, Mature Weight
- Performance: Average Daily Gain, Residual Average Daily Gain, Weaning Weight
- Carcass: Tenderness, Marbling, Ribeye Area, Fat Thickness, Carcass Weight
- Parentage: SeekSire™ parentage, a unique combination of Bos taurus, Bos indicus, USDA and ISAG parentage markers
Submitting bull DNA. When ordering parentage, supply sire DNA samples prior to or with an Igenity heifer profiling order. Once bull DNA is in the Neogen® informatics system, this step does not need to be repeated.
Angus producers can request the transfer of DNA parentage markers for sires registered at the American Angus Association, no matter what company did the original DNA testing on the bull. To make this request contact Angus Genetics Inc.