The Salmon array includes more than 130,000 polymorphic genetic variants that enables high density genotyping of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar). Multiple breeds were utilised during the SNP selection process including Farmed Scottish and Norwegian and wild Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, and Spanish populations. The array also includes 87 Y chromosome specific probes for accurate gender determination.
The array is ideal for the following applications:
- GWAS and quantitative trait locus mapping
- Identification of economically important traits
- Improved accuracy in aquaculture breeding programs through genomic selection
- Differentiation of fish that have different origins
- Gender determination via sdY chromosome-specific probes
- Differentiation of farmed and wild populations