Igenity-Essential is a streamlined genomic profile that is an excellent decision making tool for the commercial dairy industry. It provides highly reliable results at a significant value for cost-conscious producers and is powered by a low-density chip with custom content. In addition, it is supported by the Council on Dairy Cattle Breeding (CDCB) to give accurate results.
- Provides producers an alternative to traditional USDA evaluations
- Provides the key traits essential for replacement heifer selection
- Powered by low-density chip with custom content
Breeds supported: Holstein and Jersey.
Submission information: Animal ID and breed are required information for each sample submitted. If parentage is desired, please submit NAAB codes for suggested sires. Turnaround time for this profile is approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
Profile Detail: Igenity-Essential provides 15 key traits important to dairy production.
Igenity-Essential includes the following traits plus additional add-on content:
- Net Merit
- Milk Yield
- Fat (lbs)
- Fat (%)
- Protein (lbs)
- Protein (%)
- Cheese Merit
- Fluid Merit
- Somatic Cell Score
- Productive Life
- Daughter Pregnancy Rate
- Daughter Calving Ease*
- Daughter Stillbirth*
- PTA Type*
- Dairy Form*
- BVD diagnostic testing
- Y SNP testing
* Traits available for Holstein animals, but may not be available for all breeds.
- Igenity-Essential Tech Sheet
- Igenity Dairy Heifer Program Brochure
- Product Comparison